Hola familia y amigos!!
I hope your week was AMAZING. our week here was ok. out of 24 lessons we had 10. our goal for the week was 5 member present lessons and we ended up having 6 members come with us, but had no lessons :( we would have had 1 if we would have gone to the right part of the house, but esta bien! we rescheduled and will definitely go to the right door next time.
I got Halloween treats from the Willies and a blanket from Reed and Marilyn this week. THANKS SO MUCH!!! I appreciate it!
So we knocked a few doors this week, met some really cool people! knocked a door to a lady who spoke spanish and she let us in and we had a lesson with her on the spot. So cool! We also met this man named Jose. He has so many friends and family who are mormon, but they have never shared anything with him. so people!! talk to your friends! Share with them that delicious sample of the gospel!
So I cant remember if i talked about Rafi last week? but anyways. Rafi. from Pakistan- he's so cool! we passed him off to the English Elders last night. While we were talking to him with the Elders he told us that he never wanted to have anything to do with religion because of his past experiences and when people have knocked on his door he would always say he wasn't interested, but he said there was something different about us and he's excited to lay that foundation of knowledge. His story is so cool!! I really hope he gets baptized. and its such a miracle, because the day we knocked his door. we only knocked one other door and we skipped some. we could have chosen any other door, but we chose his! So cool!! God really knows who is ready.
Another miracle i would say happened this week. so we live by the freeway. our window looks right out onto it. during personal study we heard a loud crash and this car flipped on the freeway. It was CRAZY!! I think 2 or 3 nurses got out of their cars to help him and they pulled him out of the car. I think he was ok, but how lucky was he? God definitely puts people in the right place at the right time.
Ok now for the quotes of the week. We knocked a door and we heard a "COME IN!!" So we walked in and said Hey! we have a message to share with you! This family loved our message and are getting baptized December 4th! JUST KIDDING!!!
They really did say Come in! but we thought better of it and waited outside for them to answer the door. The lady knew about the mormon church, but didn't have time at the moment, they were having a little party.
So on Thursday Hermana Judd made some delicious alfredo and veggies (mom, be proud, i eat my veggies) I think she gave me like 2 helpings. I was SO FULL!! At like 8:30 we taught a lesson to a family in our ward and Hermana Judd forgot to tell me that he always feeds us after. :s So he's like do you want pizza? I was like NO!!! but of course you have to eat it, so he gave me the 2 biggest pieces. I said No! too much. the member said "You need it, You're too skinny" ha ha. i want to stay this way. We dropped our member off after the lesson and as she was getting out of the car She said "You know Sister Randall, the good thing about stomachs is that they expand" ha ha.
Anyways... that was my week. hopefully this week we'll have more lessons :)
Love ya'll! Hermana Randall
No comments:
Post a Comment