Hola! my last P day email from the MTC. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are the details from the last week. :)
Tuesday night devo was Elder Clarke from the 70. uh.. cant remember what he spoke about, it was too long ago, but it was great!
Wednesday- We got to Host! It was so great!! I hosted for some sisters going to Canada, Brazil, and Argentina. Love hosting! and i get to do it again tomorrow. We were talking about it in our district and we compared it to being a trainer, so we were all trainers for like 2 hours. it was great!
So mom i think you'll like this, Wednesday night i had a lot to say to Hermana Krejci and she made me have 20 minutes of silent time. (It was SO hard!!) but i did sew on a few buttons that fell off so in my silence i got much accomplished, but then she fell asleep so i couldn't tell her anything, if i had anything left to tell her. I survived though.
Thursday- we got our TRAVEL PLANS!!!! get this. there are 13 of us going to Arcadia. I'm the only sister. All the Elders wanted me to be with their companionship so we'll see what happens... maybe i'll switch it up a little. let people take turns with me. ha ha. So we're flying to Ontario. and on the paper it says Ontario CA. Elder Bennet started freaking out a little bit. He turned to one of the Elders in disbelief and said! I can't believe it We're flying to Canada! I dont even have my passport. but then we helped him realize we're just flying to Ontario California. It was quite funny.
Friday morning we went to go do our service where the sr. couples live like usual, but when we got there no one was there :( sad face. we waited for like 20 minutes and then decided to go back to our room. on the way we met some Sr. Sisters who talked to us for a while. they are so cool!
Random fact! St. George Visitors center has about 50,000 french tourists a year. how cool is this?! and quite random. Anyways... we went back to our room and it was about 7:30 we get a knock on the door and some big polynesian lady comes in and says. So... You guys decided not to do service this morning? we were like uh... we did. we went where we usually go. Yeah. she was pretty scary, we might have been shaken a little, but Hermana Krejci can look mean so she handled the situation quite well.
Friday was a momentous day in the life of our district the whole district played 4 square while listening in the distance to the BYU USU game. It was only 7ish so it was just the begenning, but it was a party. i must say
Saturday- I LOVE conference at the MTC. It's so great. Here was my schedule for the day. Eat breakfast, watch conference, eat lunch, watch conference, eat dinner, watch RS broadcast, call it a night at 8:30. SO GREAT! did i go to bed a little early? I might have
Shout out to Nate and Dani Lloyd. hoped they loved confrence. saw them on TV.
And i also found out daylight savings doesnt happen till November. When did this happen?! it's always around conference! I was excited to maybe get an extra hour of sleep. NOVEMBER?! really? who planned this?
Sunday- conference amazing again! loved Elder Hales, PS what happened to him? i'm glad he was able to speak because his talk was FABULOUS!
I also liked Elder Ardern, and the one about how its always better to look up. I may have also watched some of the priesthood session on sunday night. Elder Wadell's talk was so great. and Eyring and holland. i reccomend the sisters checking these out! ASAP.
our fireside on sunday was Chad Lewis- yeah the football player. I think his talk was seriously the best ever! did you know he's the NFL ambasador to China. thats a pretty sweet job. but yeah. so great!
Yesterday- dificil day. 2 words. Past subjunctive... UGH!! this is a grammar principle that doesnt exist in English. It helps to ask effective questions, but hard to understand. AY YI YI. maybe one day in the near future.
OH! I visited the Sparks yesterday in the TRC. took a picture with them. maybe you'll get it soon. They are the best! and they showed me what the new provo temple will look like. looks pretty sweet to me.
I think this was my week. AHHHH!!!! I'm going to Arcadia really soon! am i nervous? maybe a little.. Excited? maybe a lot!
The MTC is like high school. the first few weeks are like freshman year. you have no idea whats going on, the next few weeks are like sophomore year. you know whats going on, but feel like there's no end in sight. Jr. Year you cant wait to be a sr so you can leave. then the last week or 2 you realize how much you love this place and how much you will miss it when your gone and miss all your friends. (and even your companion) You realize that you have to go out into the real world and are super nervous. yep thats me. but i'll be fine. I'm excited for this new experience!!
Te Amo much!! Hermana Randall
No comments:
Post a Comment