Saturday, October 1, 2011

September 27 Letter

Corie Randall
To Mom, Cassandra Gowen, Catherine Olumba, Tyson
From:Corie Randall (corie.randall@myldsmail.net)
Sent:Tue 9/27/11 8:05 PM
To: Mom (nilarand@msn.com); Cassandra Gowen (gowencassandra@hotmail.com); Catherine Olumba (catherine.olumba@utah.edu); Tyson (tysongraycis3@yahoo.com)
Hola familia y amigos! como fue tus semanas?
Tuesday- So the fireside wasn't President Monson, but it was Elder Nelson. He talked all about the BOM. he also said he was excited for 2 weeks from then because conference would be over. It was a great fireside!
Wednesday- We got new missionaries going to Chicago and Arcadia!! YAY!! fiesta!! One is going with Hna Krejci to Chicago with us in 14 days!!! CRAZY how time flies. but now she knows she will definitely have a companion besides Elder Hoobler on the plane ride. (She's very happy about this)
We taught our first 40 min lesson in the TRC. When we got there we were not very happy to see who we were teaching because the man that was in there we taught before and he wasn't very personable, but we just read 2nd Nephi 31 with him and had a fabulous discussion about the docterine of Christ. And we even got stickers on our feedback paper. yep! we were that good.
Thursday- I got a haircut. I would say it's about time. We also found out that we were hosting on wednesday (TOMORROW!!) You know you're getting old around here when you get to take the new missionaries wherever they need to go. I'm VERY excited about this though. There are going to be a lot of sisters coming this week i hear.
Friday- we finally got some elders in our district to play 4 square with us. They must love it because they keep coming back. ha ha.
I was also told after dinner friday night by one of the Hermanas in my district (Hna Krejci wants you all to know she did not say this) was complaining about how much food there was and then looked at me and said well, well, well... I said whoa! are you calling me fat? and she said no... just a little busty. Which i'll have you all know i'm 100% positive this is not the case.
Um.. Saturday was great. No highlights though Lo siento
Sunday- Fast Sunday, it was great though.. Mission conference was so great! I'm learning your converts will be like your kids. you will love them that much. i'm excited about this.
Hna Krejci was called to be the coordinating sister for our zone, so she had to go to a meeting without me for like 2 hours on sunday. I was like a solo sister. It was WIERD! I hung out with the Elders and i'm not exactly sure they knew what to do with me. i felt a bit like i was being babysat. I did miss my companion a ton! so i was so happy when she and i were one again.
The fireside on sunday night was Stephen B. Allen- He is the greatest! so funny! He asked if any of us had gone through tribulations here and those who had were supposed to stand up. He said, Missionaries! this is just the MTC you haven't experienced anything yet, but for those Utah fans living in Provo thats tribulation enough. It's VERDAD!!
My favorite quote from the fireside was when we said "Satan knows you can do all things, he just doesn't want you to" I LOVE THIS! and haven't thought about it this way before. but thats cool
Monday- We got a sign on our door we're getting 2 new roomies! but we're only getting one and We already know her. Hermana Sterling, going to San Diego. She was supposed to leave today, but has an injury so not leaving until the 11th with us. We're excited to have her in our room :)
I finished the BOM!! Yeah.. it's a pretty good book i reccomend it to all people everywhere. It's true!
Hermana Krejci and I met with Sister Brown yesterday (MTC pres. wife) she wanted to hear Hna Krejci's conversion story and she's going to share it in Relief Society on the 9th. we're excited.
Anyways.. parents! I hope you are all feeling better! I'm going to the temple soon. I'll put your names on the prayer roll.
LOVE YOU ALL!! Have a fabulous week!
Love, Hermana Randall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment